Monday, November 17, 2008

Carol Clark, loving grandmother

Well we just got back from Dan's grandma's funeral. It was a beautiful service. It was nice to reconnect with old cousins and friends. It was fun to hear stories of her life and her adult children tell about the creative, funny, and loving mother she was. My favorite story of the day was about a water fight that consisted of outside water hoses being drug inside the house and 5 gallon buckets of water on the roof!! Grandma Clark was in the middle of it all.

Dan and I were the first of the grandchildren married and she was onr of the first people to accept me, it was as if I were her grandchild from the beginning of my life. She always took time to make us feel special, even my children, her great grandchildren, knew who she was and felt as if they were her favorite! She had such a loving kind heart and I hope to be half the wife, mother, grandmother, and friend she was.

I feel so blessed to have the gospel in my life. I know that I will see Grandma again. I think of the reunion that took place in Heaven. Dan's brother Robby must be so happy to have Grandma with him again. I think of her meeting my Grandma Donna, I think if they knew eachother on this earth, they would be great friends. I can see our Heavenly Father wrapping his arms around Grandma, welcoming her home. She will be missed by many people. I am happy that she is no longer suffering and her body is made whole and healthy again.

No comments: