Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

We had a great Thanksgiving. We went to Dan's Dad and Mom's house. The food was SO good. My food assignment was Sweet Potatoes. I was told that this is one of Doug's favorite things for Thanksgiving, I was determined to get this perfect. Well, after I boiled the sweet potatoes I was peeling them and could not figure out why they were not orange. Even Bryan walked by and said " thought they were supposed to be orange". I called Sue, confused. She laughed. Then she said "I am sorry I should have told you to get Yam's, not Sweet Potato's!" So long story short, they actually tasted fine with the brown sugar and butter! I got a little teased, but Doug did say that he thought they were great. Next Sunday dinner I am so bringing Yam's I don't care if they go with the meat we are having or not!

Sue's parents were there, it's always so nice to visit with them. Sue's sister Lisa, her husband, and the only daughter still living at home were also there. We never get to see Lisa, so it was good to catch up with her and admire the table decorations she brought with her! Some good family friends from down the street were also able to make it, they have a 14 yr old son that the boys think is so COOL- we love it when they come to family things! We did the Clark family tradition and went to a movie (adults only). We saw Transporter 3, the guys loved it, I thought it was okay- to much violence for my taste.

I just got back from another tradition, all day after Thanksgiving shopping! I like this part. I found AMAZING deals! My shopping is all done for Christmas! I love it, now I get to sit back and enjoy the Holiday with out all of the hustle and bustle of shopping.

Cute Thanksgiving story- This would only happen in Utah. Our theme in preschool this past week was Thanksgiving. We made Indian vests out of brown grocery bags and Indian headbands with feathers cut out of construction paper. I had the kids tell me things that they are thankful for and I wrote them on the feathers. I got alot of my mom, toys, even my favorite little boy said Ms. Clark and me. (I know I shouldn't have favorites but when his mom asks him who loves him instead of saying "mom" he says "Ms. Clark" how can he not be my favorite. When he does something naughty at school he looks at me and says "But Ms. Clark you love me" He is one smart 3 yr. old! -sorry for the side story) One of the other boys said Heavenly Father. It was so precious! This same little boy will just randomly start singing primary song (I constantly have Follow the Prophet in my head because of him!) I told his mom she was doing something right!

I missed being with my side of the family this year, maybe next year if we can get away.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I have so much to be thankful for, my family, good friends, my home, food, my health, and the means Heavenly Father has provided for me to obtain the things my family needs. I am so grateful for many things, the list goes on and on. Today, right now, it's my health. I get results from my moles one week from today. I am grateful for my health.

1 comment:

Wenona said...

Great Thanksgiving. Love the yam story. :)
Finished with your Christmas shopping....Shopped on Black Friday.... You are one sick puppy. lol I don't even know 'what' to buy much less go get it.